This is an extremely moist and simple cake to make. Completely Gluten Free and Paleo Friendly. This fragrant cake is perfect to take on picnics, enjoy at breakfast with a cup of coffee. Mother’s Day is coming up and this would be a great addition to a beautiful Mother’s Day Brunch!
It does require just a bit of forethought to prepare. The clementine oranges need to be boiled until tender. Instead of heating up your entire house I suggest using a slow cooker to do this or a pressure cooker. In my case, I used an electric pressure cooker and it only took 12 minutes instead of 2 hours of boiling. This is an energy saver as well as time saver!
Preheat oven 375 degrees
10″ Spring-form pan, oiled with ghee or coconut oil
7 small clementine oranges
6 eggs, room temperature
1 cup coconut sugar
2 tbsp raw honey
2 cups almond meal flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 heaping tsp baking powder
ghee or coconut oil to grease your spring-form pan
1. Place clementine oranges in a saucepan and cover with water, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a medium high heat and boil for 2 hours until very tender. If you are using a slow cooker, cover with water and cook on high for 3-4 hours. Or, using a pressure cooker, cover clementines with water, set to high cook for 12 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and drain. Add the clementines to a food processor after they have cooled slightly, pulse until they are a finely chopped. If you don’t have a food processor just chop with a knife.
3. Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl. Add the coconut sugar and honey, beat until combined. Then add the chopped clementines, mix well.
4. Add the almond meal, coconut flour and baking powder and stir until combined.
5. Pour into a greased spring-form pan and bake for 45 minutes. You can line the bottom with a round of parchment paper to make it easier to transfer to a serving platter. At 25 minutes of baking, cover the top of the cake with a piece of foil or parchment paper to prevent the top from over browning.
6. Remove from oven, cool slightly. Remove spring-form ring, slice and serve.
Happy Mother’s Day!
We are heading out to the gym! Today’s workout is just like last Saturday’s.
Barbell or Dumbbell Squat 8-10 reps
Dumbbell Step up
8-10 per leg
Medicine Ball Chop
12 per side
10 per side
Leg Lifts with Hip Lift
Body weight Step ups
15 reps per leg
2 Minutes Cardio-
1 minute Burpees
1 minute jump squats
Repeat this Circuit 3 times
Have a Beautiful Saturday!