This is so crazy easy, healthy and delicious that you should have this on your next Tuesday Taco night menu!
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp arrow root powder
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- Salsa, try my recipe or find a store bought salsa that doesn’t contain sugar
- Jalapeño peppers, pickled or fresh
- Mix all of the taco seasoning ingredients in a bowl, reserving the arrowroot powder.
- Mix the arrowroot powder with 1/4 cup of cool water.
- Brown the meat in a moderately hot skillet. If the meat is very lean, 90% or more, add 2 tbsp of fat to the pan before browning. Such as Ghee or Olive Oil.
- Add the taco seasoning and stir through the browned meat. Add the plain 3/4 cup of water. Let it come up to a strong simmer.
- Add the arrowroot/ water mixture. This is referred to as a slurry.
- Stir through the meat and bring to a boil. Then turn down the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over the chopped lettuce, and garnish with the shredded carrot, black olives, salsa and jalapeños. And don’t forget that squeeze of fresh lime!
You can definitely add any other variety of fresh veggies that you have. We are getting ready to move, so at this point every meal revolves around cleaning out the refrigerator!
Keep it Healthy. Keep it Clean. Keep it Real.